Electronic RecyclingIf you have end of life electronics to dispose of, ProTech Computing can effectively and responsibly recycle your unwanted electronics. With asset tag tracking and Certificates of Destruction, you can be assured your products have reached their true end of life, stopping your liability tied to the equipment. Our downstream partners carry the highest certifications possible in the global standard for recycling as set by the Basel Action Network.
Our process is simple. We gather electronic equipment and start in a secure location until we have a full trailer. We then haul the collections to our partners in Denver where the product is then disassembled and sorted; commodity materials are then sent to downstream partners for further recycling. Hard Drives and other information storage devices are physically destroyed.
- People in the U.S. threw away 330 million electronic devices in 2006
In 2005, Americans tossed an estimated 1.5 million tons of computers, TVs, scanners, printers, fax machines and cell phones into the trash.
- In 2005, Americans tossed an estimated 1.5 million tons of computers, TVs, scanners, printers, fax machines and cell phones into the trash.
- By 2010 over 1 billion computers and 3 billion other electronics will be obsolete and need disposal.
- About 220 Million tons of computers and other tech hardware are trashed in the US each year (EPA, 2001).
- About 70% of heavy metals found in US landfills come from discarded electronics (The Basel Action Network, 2002).
- It is estimated that there are over 130 million cell phones retired in the US.
- e-Waste is now the fastest-growing part of the municipal waste stream, accoring to the EPA.
- Electronic equipment contains toxic chemicals, this can pose health and environmental risks, particularly in landfills where toxins may leak into the soil and ground water.
What & WhyThe disposal of end-of-life electronics products has become a topic of interest and concern worldwide as municipalities face the potential of enormous volumes to handle in the future. In addition to aggravating the cost and availablity of landfills, electronics products contain materials that should not be treated as common waste. Most, if not all of the materials are recyclable and have reuse value, such as metals and plastics. There are also relatively small quantities of some specific materials that may be potentially hazardous, particularly if they are not disposed of propertly, such as lead, mercury and cadmium. Often, outdated electronics are shipped to developing countries. These items are dumped on them without proper means of handling the product, resulting in contamination of air and water. We provide a service that assures the proper handling and disposal of these materials with the objective of optimizing recycling and reuse.
Why Use ProTech Recycling Services?
- We are End of Life recyclers. No reselling, no land filling, no shipping overseas.
- Recycling may be more cost effective than donating or refurbishing. (many donations are just passing on the liability to someone else)
- No packaging or shipping. ProTech Computing will handle that for you
- Recycling your e-Waste eliminates your liability associated with the product.
- We can provide certificates of destruction and serial number tracking.
- Save, Secure & Responsible